Peter and Paul Windows: These are from the period of “decadent stained glass” and date back to the 16th or 17th century. They were originally purchased in Italy and installed in the Orchard Street Church in New York City. They were installed in our present church when it was built in 1870.
Johnson Organ: Master organ builder William A. Johnson built our organ in his studio in Westfield, Massachusetts, and installed it when the church was built in 1870. It was the 339th organ produced by Johnson, who built 860 during his career. It is the third oldest of the 76 in the United States that remain intact or only slightly altered. Johnson organs are world-renowned for their craftsmanship and tonal beauty.
Brass Mobile: This graceful and inspiring brass mobile, entitled “Radiance,” was designed and constructed by well-known sculptor David Burt, a member of UUSIS. It was installed on a long-ago Christmas Eve, with the rising heat from several six-foot-high pillar candles caused the mobile to gently rotate and catch the candlelight.
Pillar Candle holder: The tall candle holder used in our services was given in memory of the four young girls killed in the KKK bombing in Birmingham, Alabama, on September 15, 1963.
Banners: The six banners hanging in our Sanctuary represent the major world religions: Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism, and Taoism. A banner at the rear of our Sanctuary represents Earth Based Religions, and we proudly display the Rainbow Flag as a show of our congregation’s welcoming of people of all orientations.